- Mooresville, NC, USA
- Full Time
Position Summary: To provide leadership for all phases of the practice's operations, with special emphasis on profit, sales, personnel, administration, compliance, inventory, patient care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Supervise the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Responsible for the schedules of physicians. This involves looking over any appointments scheduled by other members of the office team and checking for any potential timing conflicts.
- Oversee the financial operations of the practice by making deposits, reconciling account information and ensuring bills are paid.
- Proper handling of customer complaints and dispute resolution.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal and State laws as well as all company policies or procedures.
- Interface with all Doctors of Optometry and maintain appropriate professional relations.
- Set standards and model behavior for optimum customer service.
- Create a buffer between the doctor and staff, and doctor and patients.
- Education/Experience- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability-Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software; Paychex payroll systems; Compulink Eye Care Advantage database software and Microsoft Outlook.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 2-12 employees in the Practice. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!