- NC, USA
- 30 to 35 Hours
Eye Care Center is a leading optometry practice devoted to delivering professional eye care through professional doctors and staff, using the latest cutting edge technology.
We are currently seeking an Optometric Technician to work in various areas of our office. This position requires a professional that has strong communication, time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Candidate must enjoy working with the public.
- Open/Close Office
- Office appearance/cleaning exam rooms, pre-test rooms, contact lens area, and waiting room
- Back up front desk/receptionist with phones/greeting patients/data entry in Eyecare Advantage
- Order and maintain forms, brochures, and handouts
- Figure and post fees, payments, and insurance
- Manage invoices for contacts
- Returns/exchanges of contacts
- Prepare charts daily for schedule
- Prepare exam rooms for patients and close at end of the day
- Patient history, pretests, and assist doctor as needed
- Contact lens training
- Maintain and order trial contact lenses, stock contacts, patients contact orders
- Maintain solutions needed
- Monitor contact lens order line and online contact lens orders
- Notify patients of ready/late contacts with calls or postcards
- Take/return patient calls
- Schedule appointments
- Deal with contact lens/solutions reps
- Perform various test needed for patient's exam or office visit using multiple optometric related equipment
Experience in Optometry or Medical Office Required. We will train the right candidate. Must have at least one year Medical Office Experience. Currently, Hours varies weekly 32-39 hours with average of 35 hours, which could lead to permanent 39-40 hours. Please only apply if you are willing to put pateint care first and be an involved team player.
- Must be reliable, dependable, and punctual
- Must have a professional demeanor, well presented, with strong communication and public relation skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW: