- Cary, NC, USA
- Full Time
Position Summary: Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames by performing the following duties.
- Evaluates prescription in conjunction with client's vocational and a vocational visual requirements.
- Recommends specific lenses, lens treatments, and frames to suit client needs.
- Assists client in selecting frames according to style and color, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
- Prepares work order and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Verifies finished lenses are ground to specification.
- Heats, shapes, or bends plastic or metal frames to adjust eyeglasses to fit client.
- Instructs clients in adapting to, wearing, and caring for eyeglasses.
- Sells optical goods such as binoculars, plano sunglasses, magnifying glasses, and low vision aids.
- Repairs damaged frames.
- Computes amount of sale and collects payment for services.
- Education/Experience- High School diploma or equivalent; or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Math Ability- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software; Compulink Eye Care Advantage database software and Microsoft Outlook.
- Customer Service Skills.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.