- Jacksonville Mall
- Jacksonville, NC, USA
- Part Time
Position Summary: Assists Optometrist by performing the following duties.
- Obtains and records patient's preliminary case history.
- Maintains records, schedules appointments, performs bookkeeping, correspondence, and filing.
- Prepares patient for vision examination.
- Assists in testing for near and far acuity, depth perception, macula integrity, color perception, and visual field.
- Instructs patient in care and use of glasses or contact lenses.
- Assists patient in frame selection.
- Adjusts glasses.
- Modifies contact lenses.
- Maintains inventory of materials and cleans instruments.
- Assists in fabrication of eye glasses or contact lenses.
- Performs other work as needed or required by the Office Manager.
- Education/Experience- High School diploma or equivalent and one year of related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Certificates and Licenses: Certified Paraoptometric (CPO) preferred
- Math Ability- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability-Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills-To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software; Compulink Eye Care Advantage database software and Microsoft Outlook.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!